The Georgia State Cup Soccer Final Four took place in Statesboro May 30-31, bringing thousands of visitors to Statesboro who participated in and cheered on 38 games of soccer over two days of play.
The successful weekend started with a kickoff party here at The Clubhouse that attracted more than 1,000 folks to enjoy some unique non-soccer activites and celetrate the participating teams, coaches, officials, and their families.
Click here to read more.
Storm Soccer Academy is excited to announce the hiring of Kevin Kennedy as the new director for Storm Soccer Academy Statesboro. We’re thriled to have Kevin heading up our Statesboro location at The Clubhouse because of his wealth of soccer knowledge and his passion for soccer in the Statesboro area.
Kevin is currently in his 9th season as the head coach at Georgia Southern University and was the 2006 Southern Conference Coach of the year. He has spent time at the college, high school and club levels of coaching during his long career.
Kevin will no doubt continue to grow soccer in Statesboro to new levels through the Storm SA curriculum, infrastructure, and with the addition of the new Clubhouse facilities.
Georgia Southern University graduate assistant Colby Childress will also continue to direct our U6/U8 program in the fall of 2015. This program was an instant success this past spring and we will continue to offer the same program next year for players under the age of 8 looking for an introductory experience in Statesboro.
Storm SA is dedicated to individual and team development, and the addition of these highly qualified staff members will help us to grow Statesboro and the wntie Storm Family.
For information on trying out for Storm SA in Statesboro visit www.stormsocceracademy.com
For more information on Kevin Kennedy visit www.gseagles.com
October 13, 2014 – Soccer Fields added
• 6 acres of professional-grade soccer fields
• Customized fields for different ages and sizes
• Satellite home for Storm Soccer Academy (SSA), based in Savannah
• Host to tournaments, including club teams from Georgia, Florida, the Carolinas, Alabama, and Tennessee
June 26, 2014 – Coca-Cola 125 Raceway opens
• Featuring 28 of the industry’s most cutting-edge, fully electric enviro-friendly go carts, mimicking the look and feel of racing in a professional stock-car
February 11, 2014 – Evasion Training Center added
• New attraction with a changing light tile interactive floor, moving laser beams, and high intensity sound that will give up to 3 guests at a time a fun, high energy, challenging experience
October 10, 2013 – Spikes Grill & Bar reopens after renovation and expansion
• Reinvented and expanded, Spikes Grill & Bar now features a beautiful new bar, and serves beer and wine in a unique sports bar and baseball themed restaurant
April 5, 2012 – The Clubhouse Sports Academy opens
• Expansion of existing mechanical batting cages to include a full-fledged baseball practice facility, including:
___• 3 traditional batting cages
___• Bullpen with 2 mounds
___• Professional grade infield with 3 sets of bases
• The Clubhouse Sports Academy includes a full time director with year-round travel baseball teams of a variety of ages.
October 15, 2010 – The Clubhouse opens
• 42,000 square feet of indoor fun
• 24 lanes of bowling
• Skybox luxury bowling suite
• Full service restaurant, conference and meeting rooms
• State-of-the art arcade and redemption
• Laser Tag arena
• Ballocity soft play unit
• 4 Lanes of Hwy 66 Mini-Bowling
• Host of Annual OctoberQuest benefiting the United Way of Southeast Georgia
May 18, 2005 – Batting Cage Facility opens
• 9 pitching machines, 6 cages: 6 baseball, 2 fast pitch softball, 2 slow pitch softball
• ATEC – the official pitching machine of Major League Baseball
• Upgraded to include traditional cages, bullpen, and full practice infield in 2012
March 1, 2001 – Miniature Golf Course opens
• Designed and built by Harris Miniature Golf Courses, Inc., the leading miniature golf course developer in the US for more than 50 years
• Over 25,000 rounds of mini golf are played here annually
• Hosted the 2002 Harris Cup Miniature Golf National Championship
November 11, 1998 – Golf Practice Range opens
• Over 1.6 million golf balls are hit here each year
- The Clubhouse was named one of the 17 “Top Design Awards” in 2011 during the 27th Annual Bowling Center and Architecture & Design Awards. Of the 18 facilities awarded, only 9 are located in the United States.
- The Golf Practice Range at The Clubhouse was named “Top 100 Golf Ranges in America” by Golf Range Magazine
for 10 consecutive years.
- Twin Falls Miniature Golf Course at The Clubhouse hosted the 2002 Harris Cup Miniature Golf National Championship.
This event was featured on The Golf Channel and in national publications such as Tourist Attractions & Parks, Golf Inc., Golf Range Times,
Golf Range Magazine, ABC Family Channel’s Switched, and The Learning Channel.